Saturday, July 5, 2008

Captivating

I'm reading a book entitle Captivating, and have totally fallen in love with what it is trying to speak to. It is a book directed towards the heart of women and it surely has touched me as I've been reading. The biggest thing that has impacted me in the 3o pages or so that I have read is that God is like women in that He is a relational being. As women, we are relational. We long to have relationships and we constantly are forming and nurturing them. God is the same way. God longs for us to have a relationship with Him. He longs to be loved, as do we as women. I think that the thing I struggle with the most in my relationship with God is understanding why, why would He want a relationship with me? I'm not anyone special, I'm just another status quo girl, and yet He longs for a relationship with me. That to me, is very hard to wrap my head around.

I recently came across a song, also quoted in the book, that I feel is how so many of us probably feel. It reminds me that God truly does see me as beautiful, He sees me as perfect, and while I can not see myself as such...He will continue to. It's called Beautiful by Bethany Dillon, check out the lyrics!

1 comment:

Pea-tunia said...

think of the types of people you would choose to be friends with and the way that you tend to want to grow the relationships with people who are a lot "like" you. Now imagine you have a daughter or son and how, if you did, you would want them to live up to all the potential that they have and also that you'd hope they would be a lot like you and enjoy a close relationship with you....this is how God sees you as your father in Heaven! Your comment that you are status quo is way off-base...you are a child of God and He wants nothing but for you to be like Him and to be close in relationship with Him...so just continue to follow that path you are already on and He will help you to grow fully into the potential He holds for you! love you, Karen