Saturday, February 14, 2009

How can I keep from singing Your praise...

This week has been nothing but emotion and stress filled. I was in the car the other day when this great song came on and it reminded me that no matter where I am in my life, no matter how stressed, how sad, how angry, how hurt I am...I can't help but sing. I can't help but praise God even in the midst of the crazy things that are going on in and around me.

No matter where we are in life, God doesn't change. We have two choices when we are in the midst of hard times and they are to either stand up and praise God for being with you and guiding you through it or becoming angry and denying God. Sometimes choice two is seemingly the easier choice but eventually we all need to realize the strength and the power God has over our lives.

So...this week, although difficult and scary and hard I chose to sing. I chose to lift my praise even when I had no other words to say and even when I didn't know what I was singing. God heard me, understood me, and gave me the peace and grace I needed to carry on.

How Can I Keep From Singing- Chris Tomlin

There is an endless song, echoes in my soul
I hear the music ring
And although the storms may come
I am holding on
To the rock I cling

How can I keep from singing Your praise?
How can I ever say enough?
How amazing is Your love!
How can I keep from shouting Your name?
I know I am loved by the King
And it makes my heart want to sing

I will lift my eyes
In the darkest night
For I know my Savior lives

And I will walk with You
Knowing You'll see me through
And sing the songs You give

I can sing in the troubled times
Sing when I win
I can sing when I lose my step
And fall down again
I can sing 'cause You pick me up
Sing 'cause You're there
I can sing 'cause You hear me Lord
When I call to You in prayer
I can sing with my last breath
Sing for I know
That I'll sing with the angels
And the saints around the throne.

How can we keep from singing? Seriously. It seems like such a little thing and yet I find that when I sing, I am closest to God. I can't stop singing.

No comments: